As usual, we continue saving St. Catherine’s ruins during the summer season 2015.
What awaits us this year?
Almost final preparations to let tourists access the tower, such as
- repair vaultings of large windows on the 5th floor of the tower,
- paving tiles on the 6th floor with scenic view.
- and put together a missing floor on the 2nd floor and a completion of wooden staircase.
From the last year, inside the Church we continue with
- repairing of pillar caps in the aisle of the church,
- masonry of the long wall in the sanctuary,
- and we also plan to carry out a masonry “experiments” on the northern wall of the monastery.
We will also go further with works in the monastery, especially
- repairing of the crown of tall thin wall in the middle of the monastery,
- and with conservating of masonry.
Archeology doesn’t sleep either. There will be probably still going thorough research of the second crypt in the middle of the church and also a small probe in corner of the tower will be carried out.